At Natural Hero we feel passionately that our enjoyment of sports and outdoor pursuits needn't come with a detrimental environmental price tag and when we found out about a network of businesses joining forces to donate a portion of their sales to environmental initiatives, we joined. By joining 1% for the planet we wish to ensure we help make a dent in the damage we collectively cause on the natural world.
To find out more about the work of 1% for the planet and why we joined in this blog post. We will keep you posted through this route, so be sure to check in on us from time to time.
Natural Hero is an independently owned private limited company, as such we do not believe our profit should be the only deciding factor in our operations.
We recognise our key environmental impacts to be in the areas of: energy use, raw material use, waste generation, emissions to air/water, water use, transport, supplier sourcing and procurement.
We strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible e.g. Recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources.
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in banking and investment decisions
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Founder & Director of Natural Hero